- This event has passed.
Intro to Improv
Intro to Improvisation Class
Low pressure and high in fun, the Intro to Improvisation class is a great sampler for people curious about improv or a nice refresher to people who have been out of the improv world for a while. This class will allow you to learn the improvisational skills of Play, Spontaneity, Character and Story.
Prerequisites: No experience necessary!
- Introducing the building blocks of improv in a fun, light, and friendly way. Students will gain a sense of confidence and comfort in the unknown, all while learning to justify surprises.
- Get students to enjoy working in a similar headspace and to understand the fun of the collaborative nature of improv. To get students to trust their first impulses, to avoid judgement while working with a group.
- Students will understand the 5 elements of improv story structure: Setting, character, problem, raise the stakes, resolution.
4 Hours one Sunday (Noon – 4PM)
15 student max
For information regarding a waitlist for this class, please contact email@example.com
The Next Step:
- Drop in Classes – The always new and exciting drop in classes 1:30-3:00 Every Saturday https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/casual-saturdays-the-improv-drop-in-tickets-27765667860
- Improv Level 1: Improv Scenework – Our first level class is 16 Hours total. 4 hour classes over four Sundays.
For another take on comedy, try our Stand Up Level 1, or Sketch Comedy Level 1 classes.